As the Trump Administration continues its assault on our environmental protections and climate science itself, it is more important than ever to be involved in the fight against climate change. That’s why Defend Our Future is mobilizing this summer to fight against this threat to our planet and attempts to weaken critical climate action programs. By challenging fellow students to take action and fight back we will show our elected leaders that we will not stand idly by.
Defend Our Future Summer Interns will play a lead role doing just that. They will work as a student-led volunteer program that educates and motivates fellow young people to be leaders in the climate movement. Summer Interns will expand the presence of the organization through quality face-to-face conversations, classroom visits, group engagement, and build a movement prepared to take consistent and effective action. In addition, the Summer Interns will help with planning and holding educational events about the climate threat, what is at risk and how we can maintain our progress in the fight against climate change.
Defend Our Future is a project of the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF). EDF is one of the world’s largest non-profit environmental organizations whose mission to forge innovative solutions that help people and nature prosper.
- Recruit and build volunteer networks over the phone, in one-on-one meetings, conversations with campus groups and presentations to classes;
- Assist in planning and execution of both on-campus and community based events promoting action on climate;
- Engage fellow students and young people on the importance of contacting their elected leaders through tabling and crowd canvassing;
- List building, data entry and recruitment calls
- Must be a current college student
- Be available for at least 15-20 hours per week
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to engage large and diverse student populations
- Ability to work in and adapt to a fast-moving, team-oriented environment
- Familiarity with climate change issues is preferred.
Internships are unpaid with the possibility for course credit.
To Apply please visit action.defendourfuture.org/internships.